The silhouette of St. Jürgen Church dominates the East bank of Flensburg. High up on the hills, the red brick neogothic building immediately catches the eye. It is still quite young for a church. It was built around 1904, in a settlement that contained a hospital for plague and leprosy patients in the Middle Ages. Today, the district that is home to St. Jürgen, is affectionately called Jürgensby. The church overwhelms the spectators with a late Gothic reticulated vault, a very ornate and impressive altar, and its quaint location in the northern part of the Captain's Quarter.
Find out more here